Saturday, February 28, 2015

I'm Coming Home



...But not quite yet. I recently returned from my COS Conference, and it looks like my COS date will be May 6. That means I'll be touching down in the States a few days after. This post won't be long. I got some stuff to wrap up, including the last of the law school applications and my DOS (Peace Corps jargon for "a 2-page write-up on what I did while they were paying me." At the conference, we were asked a series of questions, and while I want to take a couple days to think of them, I think they'd make for an interesting series of posts. So, over the next couple weeks, loo for me to answer the following:


  • What I liked best
  • My funniest moment
  • I'd like people in my community to remember me for
  • Souvenir I'd like to take back to America
  • Something I learned
  • Something I'd like to forget
  • Something I'll never forget
  • People who have been special to me
  • I wish I had more time for
  • My biggest accomplishment
Some of these will obviously be longer than others, and some I may expand on the original questions for. I love my town, I've really enjoyed my service, and feel like it's really deserving of major reflection.

Peace Corps Namibia Group 37






Oh Alicia, too ridiculous not to share

Like a good Namibian, I only did this Peace Corps thing for the certificate

Our gift for the office. See if you can spot Africa, Namibia, and the stars and bird from the Peace Corps logo

2 comments:

  1. It was a good time to reflect on what the experience was. I still feel that the fight in trying to get a taxi was still the worst I had to experience. I am loving a toilet, and washing machine, and not having to carry water, but I would do it all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely, though that reflection comes later in my reflections. Actually, the water isn't so bad (though I don't have to do it as often as you did); basically a short trip to the gym. And hand washing, while not as effective as a machine, is a nice way to relax, with a little music blasting and turning off the brain for a bit.

    ReplyDelete