Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Reality

  So, my latest post has received some criticism, mainly from my parents.  To anyone offended, I am sorry.  But if I'm going to give an honest account of my service, then it's going to have to include not only the good stuff, not only what I love about my country, not only my successes, but also my struggles and my failures (for that, tune in over the weekend).  I do not work for the travel bureau and my job is not simply to praise people and boost their confidence.  If you want someone to simply sell the good stuff, plenty of travel agencies can give you that.  I intend to be completely honest and open here.  Otherwise, what is the point of having an account of my experience?  So, again, sorry if you were offended, but that's the reality of Namibia every bit as much as the beautiful landscapes, wonderful people, and good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment