Saturday, March 9, 2013

Thank You All

  So, it's coming down to the wire.  Nightly freak-outs and mornings lying in better wondering just what I've gotten myself into have basically become a regular thing.  Packing is about half done, and I think I'm finally done buying things I need.  I went to one last Caps game the other night (and they sent me off in style with a 7-1 victory over the Panthers), and tonight I'm going to the DC United home opener for a final thing with my family.  About a week ago, my mom threw me a "Goodbye Party" and a few friend and I went out for one last night of fun before I spent my last week running around and getting things ready.



Sick goal





  As you all know, these last few days have been crazy.  And exhausting.  And stressful.  And nerve-racking.  I'm basically going insane.  And, for the love of God, people, please, I'm begging you, stop giving me advice.  It's not that I don't appreciate it; I really do.  It's just that I can only process so much.
  On the other hand, I would like to take some time to thank a few people.  All of you who helped me during the application process, my friends and family who put up with me during the stressful application process and these last few weeks as reality has set in.  Those of you who have driven around with me as I pick up what I need or have advised me on what to get.  Those of you who took the time to see me during my "Goodbye Trip," and especially the Hopkins family, Tommy, Cooch/Cammack/VH, and Courtney/Courtney's family for letting me stay with you during the trip.  To the many friends, especially Rob and Elyse, who've had to deal with my freak-outs.  To those of you who have taken the time to offer advice and words of encouragement.  Like I said, I appreciate it, just one person at a time, maybe?  To all of you who have given gifts (if I haven't already, I will also be thanking you directly very soon).  To all of you who gave me book or last-minute music recommendations.  To DC101, for being the unofficial soundtrack to my driving around getting stuff and for torturing me with all the "Shamrock Fest" and "Chili Cook-off" ads.  To Steve, for helping me get ready physically.  To my parents, for all the money and time spent helping me get ready.  And to all of you who have been there over these last few years, during the rough times, the stressful times, the crazy times, and for some reason continue to put up with me.  I will miss all of you.  Thank you all for all the help, support, kindness, friendship, advice, and for just being there.

No comments:

Post a Comment